The investor’s country of origin is crucial in determining its ability to conduct business activity in Poland. Persons from outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or countries with which the European Union and its member states did not conclude agreements on the freedom of business activity, as well as other persons who have been granted the right to engage in business activity on the same principles as Polish citizens, may select from among types of business activity limited to the following entities: (i) limited partnerships, (ii) limited joint-stock partnerships, (iii) limited liability companies and (iv) joint-stock companies.

Foreigner, who fulfils the following conditions, may register and run a business under the same conditions as a Polish citizen:

✓ permanent residence permit or residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union;

✓ temporary residence permit granted in connection with a family with legally residing in Poland, studying at university;

✓ refugee status or subsidiary protection or a consent to stay for humanitarian reasons or a tolerated stay permit,

✓ a temporary residence permit and is married to a Polish citizen residing on the territory of Poland;

✓ a temporary residence permit for the purpose of carrying out a business activity, granted due to the continuation of an already established business activity on the basis of an entry in the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity;

✓ temporary protection in Poland;

✓ a valid Polish Card.

A foreigner who does not meet the above conditions may conduct a business activity in Poland only in the form of:

▪ Limited partnership (LP),

▪ Limited joint-stock partnership (LJSP),

▪ Limited liability company (LLC),

▪ Joint-stock company (JSC)

▪ simple joint stock company (SJSC)

as well as to join such companies and take or acquire their shares.

Message us!